With the award giving ceremony and screening of the awarded films at the Museum of Yugoslav Film Archive, the 12th MikroFAF has finished on November 14, 2021. This year the festival was held as Limbo Edition, being focused on films dealing with creative and philosophical questions of the artist in limbo - be it emotional, artistic, bodily, social, political, or global.
There were 68 short films participating in the 12th MikroFAF competitive programme. They came from the region of the Western Balkans, as well as from the other European countries, Asia, North and South America. These films covered very wide range of genres, as well as the age of the authors – the youngest one being 9 years old and the oldest 77. Filmmakers younger than 19 were selected into a special, junior category, which made about 20% of the whole competitive programme this year.
Members of this year’s MikroFAF jury were film artists Staša Tomić, Aron Sekelj, Nikola Stojanović and Nađa Petrović. They awarded the Mikropolis statue in the following categories (both regional and international): DIY Film, Indie Film, and Limbo. Junior category had its own jury, whose members were Aleksandar Gubaš, Jelena Novaković and Mileva Lekić.
These two juries awarded the following films:
Regional DIY selection:
- AKT / ACADEMY FIGURE (Jovan Pravilović, Serbia)
- INKUBACIJA / INCUBATION (Aleksa Mitrović, Serbia)
International DIY selection:
- PASSWORD TO THE ***** (STARS) (Adél Szegedi, UK)
- SKIING (Clara Thomine, Belgium)
Regional indie selection:
- NEKO TREĆI / SOMEONE ELSE (Milorad Milatović, Montenegro)
International indie selection:
- MY CASTLE, MY HOME (José Mira, Portugal)
- THE DOGS (Mathi Mathos, Charlie Mars, France)
Regional Limbo selection:
- DNEVNIK OD BLATA / MUD CHRONICLES (Vuk Palibrk, Serbia)
International Limbo selection:
- ABOUT FATHER, ABOUT DEATH (Farhad Hajari, Iran)
Regional junior selection:
- MRAVI MARIONETIČARI / MARIONETTE-MAKING ANTS (Petar Bačkonja, Serbia)
International junior selection:
- BETH (Ava Bounds, UK)
- THE MOMENTS (Piotr Kaźmierczak, Poland)
- SICK DAY (Charlie Hughes, UK)
Literary blog Knjigoskop, a MikroFAF partner project, has given a special award to the short film IZA MASKE / BEHIND THE MASK (Iskra Bella Miloradović, Serbia), participating in the regional junior selection.
12th MikroFAF was organised by the Association Satibara, with the support from the Ministry of Culture and Information of the Republic of Serbia