We are a voluntary, non-profit and non-governmental organisation, founded for fighting prejudices and discrimination through the art of film, promoting film activism and raising awareness of the importance of art and culture for a healthy society.
Our main goals are:
• affirmation of film culture and creative freedom in film, as well as every human being’s inalienable right to filmmaking, regardless the gender, age, skin colour, profession, sexual orientation or film preferences;
• film education through festivals, seminars and workshops
• connecting with similar initiatives from former Yugoslav countries, for renewing and redefining the ex-Yugoslav cultural space;
• connecting with similar initiatives worldwide.
Satibarais a member of the Association Independent Culture Scene of Serbia.
Since 2010 Satibara was one of two co-organisers of MikroFAF festival, and in 2016 it has become the main organiser. To date, MikroFAF gathered more than 300 film makers from all over the world, and thousands of visitors at its events in Serbia and other countries.
Since 2017 Satibara organises „My Close-up“ — the inclusive film workshop for the youth from vulnerable groups, who are offered opportunity to work with film professionals and make films with them.
In accordance with the declared principles, Satibara members never give up when facing difficult production circumstances. That’s why Satibara production has brought many short and documentary films, screened at Serbian and foreign festivals and televisions.
In line with our mission of audience development and fight against elitism, all Satibara programs are free of charge.
Awarded Satibara films:
– Fanzines from Mars by Siniša Dugonjić: Grosman, Ljutomer, Slovenia; DORF, Vinkovci, Croatia – Flirt by Marija Rodić: Film Front, Novi Sad, Serbia; MitOst Festival, Leipzig, Germany – Shelter by Marija Rodić: documentary film made in co-production with the Group 484: International Festival “We and others”, Prijepolje, Serbia – Unconquered Town by Satibara: InTrashFestival, Pančevo, Serbia – Anxiety Express by Siniša Dugonjić: Montreal Underground Film Festival, Canada; Amateur Film Review, Zagreb, Croatia; Film Front, Novi Sad, Serbia – Golden Delicious by Marija Rodić: Voyage Bleu Festival, Belgrade, Serbia; Film Front, Novi Sad, Serbia – Weaning Of by Marija Rodić: Femix Fest, Belgrade, Serbia – Speech by Marija Rodić: Film Front, Novi Sad, Serbia; In TrashFestival, Pančevo, Serbia;The International Short Film Festival SHORT FORM, Gornji Milanovac, Serbia – Vegan’s Dream by Marija Rodić: Film Front, Novi Sad, Serbia; In Trash Festival, Pančevo, Serbia – The Rift by Marija Rodić: Serbian Fiction Film Festival, Belgrade, Serbia; Zum Goldenen Hirsch Festival, Mannheim, Germany
International festival of DIY and independent short film
“Forget about being an expert or a professional, and wear your amateurism (your heart, your love) on your sleeve. Share what you love, and the people who love the same things will find you.” Austin Kleon
Amateur film is an unavoidable part of the film history, and it takes new spaces and develops in many new, exciting ways with the growing accessibility of digital technologies and social media.
Since 2010 MikroFAF works as a festival platform that closely follows dynamic development of non-professional creativity, gathering DIY film authors and opening room for all inspired filmmakers who create under restricting technical and financial conditions. Through its programmes, this festival promotes and celebrates creative freedom, being focused on enthusiasm, DIY spirit, guerrilla film, art brut, lo-fi, experimental approach and self-initiative.
The main segment of the whole MikroFAF project is the international film festival, with side activities like specialised screenings, workshops, panels, exhibitions… This project has non-profit character and entrance to all festival events is free.
We try to inspire people of all backgrounds to learn and make experiments within the framework of film art, strengthening in this way the independent art scene together with the MikroFAF team. Our festival entries differ very much by the form, approach and topics covered, but many of them share similar engagement and passion in addressing social issues transcending boundaries of countries and regions.
This festival is competitive, with the main award (called Mikropolis) being given to the best DIY film and the best indie film. The third category is thematically specialised and it changes every year. Awards are given by the festival jury, composed of distinguished professionals related to film and other arts.
MIKROPOLIS symbolises utopia of the city imagined as a common space for everyone who seek fulfilment of their cultural and social needs and desires. This is a free space for micro art – artworks made under micro-production circumstances (low budget, small number of participants, limited technical conditions) and realised as micro forms: short films, stage performances, songs, haiku poetry… Mikropolis is a “city” open for everybody: professionals, amateurs, amateur art fans, accidental passers-by, searchers, invited guests… VISIT US!
MikroFAF platform is active throughout the whole year, initiating experience exchange among the artists who do not create for profit, as well as their meeting and gathering together for the education, collaboration and maintaining the flame of non-profit creativity.
On Friday, 19th October, we have closed the 9th MikroFAF, the annual international festival of short films devoted to promotion and development of the independent and DIY film production. This competitive festival spotlights a different theme every year, Continue reading →
MikroFAF on Tour: Dubica Edition
September 14-16, 2018
Banatska Dubica, Serbia
On the 9th MikroFAF festival’s eve, a three-day practical guerrilla film workshop will be held in the village of Banatska Dubica. Residents of Dubica and Jarkovac will have opportunity Continue reading →